It has been over 4 months since our last ‘Best of Texas’ recruiting update. While no games have been played in that time, the 2015 recruiting class has had the opportunity to distinguish themselves through 7-on-7 competition, spring football, and Nike training camps. In case you missed it, click here to see the former ‘Best of Texas’ list.
- A&M currently has 19 commitments with 16 of them from Texas. Of those 16 recruits, 11 made the ‘Best of Texas’ list.
- There was movement at the top with LB Malik Jefferson jumping from 3rd to 1st due to his stellar outing at The Opening. He posted an absurd SPARQ test with a 4.39 40, 4.19 shuttle, and 39.7 inch vertical.
- Both Kyler Murray and Jarrett Stidham put in strong performances with their 7-on-7 teams as well as the Elite 11 QB competition earning them a move up the board.
- The biggest mover was S Justin Dunning who jumped 15 spots following his 6 interceptions and All-Tournament honors at The Opening.
- The Aggies are poised to add 4 more from this list with the additions of LB Malik Jefferson, CB Kendall Sheffield, CB Kris Boyd, and possibly CB Holton Hill.
- If Malik Jefferson and Kendall Sheffield commit to A&M, it will give the Aggies 4 of the top 5 and 6 of the top 10 players in Texas. Also, Justin Dunning can work his way into the top 10 with a solid senior season.
- Should predictions hold true, Aggies will have 15 players from the top 30. Meanwhile, Oklahoma will be next best with only 4 and Texas will have 3. #WRTS