With all eyes on the draft, it’s easy to miss all the action going on with A&M recruiting.
Miscellaneous Aggie News
- 5-Star duel threat QB Kyler Murray has announced that he will commit on May 28, 2014. A&M is the expected leader in this recruiting battle.
- Former A&M QB Matt Davis is transferring to SMU and will be eligible to play in the 2014 season. After redshirting his freshman year (2012), Matt Davis found himself buried in the depth chart and chose to transfer. He played 7 games at Tyler JC last season, and will now compete for the starting position at SMU. This sets up a very interesting matchup September 20th where the Aggies travel to Dallas to face SMU. Davis could be starting against his former team.
- According to reports, WR JaQuay Williams is looking to transfer out of A&M and move back home to Atlanta. Williams has struggled to make an impact while at A&M and will most likely try to land somewhere that he can be utilized more.
- Jeff Banks has offered K/P Justin Yoon out of the Milton Academy (MA). Yoon is the #2 rated kicker in the nation.
- A&M offered 4-star WR Equanimeous St. Brown out of California. Brown is 6’5” 205lbs. and holds offers from Stanford, USC, UCLA, and Notre Dame.
- Jeff Banks visited Lutheran (Calif.) High School and offered 5-star DE Keisean Lucier-South. Keisean holds offers from UCLA, Michigan, Notre Dame, Texas and USC.
- A&M offered 5-star DT Edwin Alexander out of Hammond (La.) St Thomas Aquinas from the 2016 class. Alexander is 6’2” 310lbs and is currently rated the #8 player in the nation.
- Texas A&M offered Plano (Texas) East class of 2017 LB Anthony Hines. Hines 6’2” 218lbs. and is currently committed to Mississippi St. However, he is visiting other schools and is very excited about the A&M offer.
Other Recruiting Info
- Terry Joseph stopped by Pine (LA) High School to visit 4-star ATH Derrick Dillon.
- Jeff Banks was at Orange Coast C.C. today to check out former Arlington Bowie ILB Caleb Potter, 6-foot-7 OL Zach Bateman and other prospects.